Electricity & Fuel

Listen Community Services Heating Helpers Program

Listen Community Services helps members of the Upper Valley Community who are facing disconnection from electricity, cannot pay for their next fuel delivery, or need help with emergency repairs to maintain their heat. Listen offers financial assistance as well as knowledgeable service coordinators to provide heating help.

Town Welfare Office

All towns in New Hampshire are required to assist their residents with basic needs, which includes utilities. If you need financial help, contact your town or city hall and ask for the welfare official. If the welfare official is not available, ask for the town or city manager. 

Phone & Internet

Lifeline – Support for Affordable Communications

Lifeline is a federal assistance program to provide low-income consumers with an affordable option for monthly telephone service, broadband Internet service, or bundled voice-broadband packages. Certain programs or discounts are available from participating wireline or wireless providers. The program recognizes the importance of modern mobile and telephone service in order to access jobs, healthcare, and educational resources. Learn more or apply online here.

Local Community Action Programs

Contact your local Community Action Program (CAP) to apply for LIHEAP fuel and electric assistance and weatherization programs.

Tri-County CAP serves residents of Grafton, Carroll, and Coos County.

Southwestern Community Services serves residents of Sullivan and Cheshire County.

CAPSTONE Community Action serves residents of Washington, Lamoille, and Orange counties.

Southeastern Vermont Community Action serves residents of Serving Windham and Windsor counties.