On Saturday, March 31,Upper Valley Strong will represented at at the Co-op Food Stores’ SUSTAINABILITY EXPO. Stop by the booths of our partners Sustainable Woodstock and COVER to learn more about long-term relief from Tropical Storm Irene.
The expo will feature ideas to reduce your “carbon footprint”:
• Healthy Choices: Good for You and Our Planet
• Products to Grow, Buy, and Eat Local
• Shopping Tips about Packaging and Waste
• Energy Efficiency at Home
• Alternative Travel and Commuting
• Community Responses to Climate Change
This expo will take place from 11:00 a.m–3:00 p.m. at the White River
Elementary School, 102 Pine Street, in White River Junction, Vermont. The Co-op Annual Meeting will precede the Expo, beginning at 9:30 a.m. A home Weatherization Workshop will follow the Expo, from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., led by the Central Vermont Community Action Council.
UV Strong will also have a table at Vital Communities’ FLAVORS OF THE VALLEY on Sunday April 15, from 11-3 at Hartford High School. We’ll be emphasizing disaster relief available for the farming community.