Interested in learning how to help people in our area in times of disaster?
Thanks to a grant from Hypertherm’s HOPE Foundation, Upper Valley Strong provides training to local organizations and residents so they can conduct themselves safely and more effectively in times of disasters.
This training covers topics that every volunteer on a disaster site needs to know:
- What does Disaster Recovery involve?
- What can I expect to encounter at a disaster site?
- What should I wear/bring with me when I volunteer?
- What will Upper Valley Strong do in support of my volunteer effort?
- How will I be notified in times of a disaster and where do I go to help?
- What will I be expected to do as I volunteer?
- How do I conduct myself safely at a disaster site?
All this, and many more topics, are covered in our 45 minute training course. Click on this link to find out how you and your organization can be a part of local, sustainable assistance in times of disaster!